
Prince Harry says ‘it became Meghan vs Kate’ very quickly as Fab Four fell apart
The Duke of Sussex discussed the relationship between his wife Meghan and the Princess of Wales and why the 'Fab Four' quickly disintegrated.
Prince Harry said it became “Meghan vs Kate” very quickly after his brother Prince William and his wife, Princess Kate, failed to welcome Meghan into the Firm as the so-called ‘Fab Four’ fell apart.
In unearthed footage, shown below, from an interview Prince Harry held with Tom Bradbury for ITV last year, the Duke of Sussex, 39, discussed the relationship between his wife and the Princess of Wales and why their foursome quickly disintegrated.
“I thought the four of us would bring me and William closer together. We could go out and do work together,” said Harry. “I always hoped that the four of us would get on, but very quickly it became Meghan versus Kate.”
That was partly the press’s fault, Harry said, but also because Meghan was not made to feel welcome by William and Kate.
“And some of the things that my brother and sister-in-law, some of the way that they were acting and behaving,” said Harry. Bradby interjected: “What do you mean specifically?”
Harry replied: “American actress, divorced, biracial. There’s all different parts to that and what that can mean.”
Prince Harry will mark his 40th birthday this Sunday with a private celebration in Montecito, surrounded by family and friends. However, he is also planning a rather unusual afterparty for himself and his pals.
Express.co.uk revealed earlier today that the Duke of Sussex has organised a getaway to the Californian mountains near his home with a few of his closest mates.
Harry is set to tackle the Montecito peak which is part of the Cold Spring Trail in California, just a few miles from the mansion he shares with wife Meghan and their two children, Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3.