
Kate Middleton’s special Christmas gift to Southport horror stabbing survivors
Survivors of the Southport stabbings earlier this year have been invited to a special festive activity by the caring Princess of Wales.
Bebe King, six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and Alice Da Silva Aguiar, nine, died as a result of their catastrophic injuries when a knifeman broke into a Taylor Swift- themed dance party on July 30. Last month, during her first official engagement since chemotherapy treatment ended in the summer, Princess Kate and husband William met some of the victims, families and emergency workers.
Now, in a sweet gesture, the Princess of Wales has invited the survivors to her Together at Christmas carol concert at Westminster Abbey on December 6. A source said: “The Royal family have been a tremendous support to the families.”
Speaking to the Sun, they said: “The King met the survivors, then Kate took time out to meet them in private last month with Prince William. Now she has personally ensured everyone is invited to her concert which, this year, will mean more to her than ever before.”
The princess’s unannounced trip to Merseyside in October was William and Kate’s first joint official outing since the princess’s course of chemotherapy treatment ended in the summer following her cancer diagnosis earlier this year. It was understood it had been planned as a solo visit for William but Kate decided to join her husband in order to show her support and empathy.
The Waleses met the families of the three slain little girls and dance teacher Leanne Lucas, who was also critically wounded. The prince and princess spent half an hour with each of the family groups and were 45 minutes late arriving, and William could be heard apologising to the waiting guests.