Royals

Kate Middleton and Prince William security horror as ‘masked men smash down barrier’ while royals slept

The Prince and Princess of Wales suffered a terrifying security breach after masked intruders allegedly smashed down a barrier and scaled a six-foot fence to get access to the Windsor Castle estate.

The two men allegedly broke into the estate during the night to steal farm vehicles before driving off in a pick-up truck and on a quad bike that had been stored in a barn on October 13. King Charles and Queen Camilla were not at the residence at the time, but William and Catherine were believed to be sleeping at nearby Adelaide Cottage with their three children.

The Waleses’ home is just five minutes from Windsor Castle, and the family is regularly seen using the wrecked gate, which is the nearest exit to their home. The men targeted Shaw Farm, which is a working farm inside the Castle’s security zone.

“They must have been watching Windsor Castle for a while,” a source told The Sun. The source said the men would have known the vehicles were stored in the barn before breaking in, and would have known the best time to get in and out in order to escape detection.

“There are alarms at Windsor Castle but the first time anyone knew there was a break-in was when they crashed through the security barrier at Shaw Farm Gate exit,” the source said. “The barrier has needed to be replaced as it was so badly damaged. It was a Sunday night on a school week so the young princes and princess would have been tucked [up] in bed at Adelaide Cottage, just around the corner but still in the grounds.”

The Prince and Princess of Wales moved to Adelaide Cottage in the summer of 2022. During late Queen Elizabeth’s funeral, the procession at Windsor Castle began from the Shaw Farm gate. The police said no arrests have been made at this stage and an investigation is ongoing.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button