
Prince William ‘will avoid’ awkward run-in with Prince Harry as bitter feud rages on
It has been revealed that Prince Harry will travel to New York next month for a series of appearances that coincide with a summit being held by Prince William's Earthshot Prize - but it seems the estranged brothers won't be in the Big Apple at the same time
Prince William will not have an awkward run-in with estranged brother Prince Harry in New York next month, according to an expert.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Harry is set to embark on a solo trip to the Big Apple in September, following his successful four-day tour of Colombia with his wife Meghan Markle earlier this month. His New York visit will coincide with the UN General Assembly High-level Week and Climate Week.
During his stay, Harry will “advance a number of his patronages and philanthropic initiatives”, according to a spokesperson, and participate in engagements with African Parks, The HALO Trust, The Diana Award, and Travalyst. He will also promote the work of The Archewell Foundation, the nonprofit organisation he co-founded with Meghan.
His visit will also overlap with the 2024 Earthshot Prize Innovation Summit, scheduled for September 24. The Earthshot Prize is one of William’s key areas of work, and last year he was in New York for the 2023 summit. It led to speculation that the feuding brothers could awkwardly be in New York at the same time next month.
However, according to the Daily Mail’s royal correspondent Rebecca English, the brothers won’t be in New York at the same time next month as William isn’t going to the Earthshot prize summit – and had never planned to go.
Writing on X, she said: “Re speculation regarding whether Prince William and Prince Harry will be in New York at the same time next month, the Prince of Wales isn’t going to the @EarthshotPrize event and had never planned to (I was told this back in July when the event was announced).
“For what it is worth, Prince William went last year, but not the year before. It really depends on his diary and commitments year to year.” William did attend the summit in 2023 but his appearance at it in 2022 had to be cancelled as it came during a period of royal mourning after the death and funeral of the late Queen – although he did send a video message. The Mirror has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.
Growing up, now estranged brothers William and Harry shared many of the same friends, who were part of their close, tight-knit circle. However, fast-forward to the present day, the two warring brothers are still embroiled in a bitter years-long feud – fuelled by Harry railing against his family in his controversial memoir Spare.
It appears there have been no signs of their frosty bond thawing, despite Harry and wife Meghan Markle publicly reaching out to William’s wife the Princess of Wales when she revealed her cancer diagnosis earlier this year. However, earlier this month, a pal claimed that the pair have not spoken in almost two years and William would not want his brother at his Coronation.